Tuesday, January 26, 2016

In the Passengers Seat


When I look at this life that we live, I can see it as a car. I would hope mine is a Jeep Wrangler, but that is beside the point. J The car takes us on a journey, through the mountaintops and the valleys, through the sunshine and the rain. I have learned that we are given the opportunity to choose where we sit in our car. We can sit in the drivers seat, trying to maintain control at every twist and turn, we can choose sit in the passenger seat as the co-driver, engaged in what is happening but willing to let go of the wheel, or we can hop in the backseat and relax as the journey passes us by. I know that I have assumed all three of these positions throughout my life, but I have learned that the passengers seat is truly where I long to be. Some days I find myself unbuckling my seat belt prepared to change seats like a Chinese fire drill, but as years pass and experience is my teacher, I have learned to find strength and comfort in my seat. I have left one important detail out, if I am in the passenger seat, there is only one person who I will allow to drive, only one person who I can confidently trust at the wheel of my car, and that is Jesus. No matter the path we take, I wholeheartedly know that He is always with me. Sometimes that road is hard, much to hard for me to handle with the wheel in my hands; but with Jesus in control, I am able to come out the other side, seeing the beauty through the potholes and bumps. I know the purpose down every road we travel is to bring glory to the Man at the wheel, and so no matter the road, I will try to have a grateful heart confident in His purpose.  As I trust where He is taking me and truly allow Him to have control, He is taking me places I never would have dreamed, I am experiencing His love in unimaginable ways, and He is using me in ways that I would have counted as impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment