Monday, August 17, 2015

Change

God continues to open my eyes to the blessings He has placed in my life, and with great hope and certainty I know that He will continue to bless me as I walk with Him. I can remember the prayer I wholeheartedly cried out to God several years ago,

“Lord wherever you want me, I will go. Wherever you call me, I will follow. My life is Yours, I no longer want to live this life for myself.  I am your child. I am your vessel. I am your light. I will be still, because you are my God. One favor though God, speak clearly and loudly, because as you know, sometimes I am hard of hearing.”

Every ounce of my being meant the words that I prayed. This brief amount of time that I have here on earth, it will be over like a blink of an eye, and I want to live it for Christ. One day, when I see God at those Heavenly gates, I want to know that I gave every once of my life to Him. When I said that prayer, when I turned that over to God, I knew that my life might drastically change… and change it has.

Change can be a beautiful thing in life.
It can bring a joy.
It can teach you countless lessons.
It can build your character.
It can be a beautiful adventure.
It can demand you to rely fully on God.
For those reason, I embrace change.

But there are things that make me want to run from change.
It can bring a fear of the unknown.
It can carry heartbreak of letting go of the past.
It has a funny way of allowing people to feel that have the right to tell you that you are crazy. (I try to take that as a compliment.)

Many times change comes with both the good and the bad. When you except the change, both the good and the bad will intrude into your life without invitation, but the question is… Which side are you going to embrace? Which side will you thrive on? Will you open up your heart to the joy and adventure, as you begin to see the lessons from God? Or will you linger and dwell in the fear and heartbreak?

As this season of change is upon me, I want to cling the good. I want to embrace the adventure. But I am going to be honest, it hear both knocking, almost ready to bust the door down if I am not willing to answer. Sometimes I to have to make an active decision to only open the door to the positive; allowing positive growth and the opportunity to see what it is that God has in store for me. Sometimes the only voice I need to hear from is God. The only path I want to follow is His. My joy is found in Him alone. So if He is walking me down the path of change, I desperately want to cling to that path, holding tight to His hand. I even know that if I asked Him to carry me, He would pick me up until I was strong enough to walk again. The other path, the one that now stands back in the distance, although it is filled with blessed times and beautiful memories, it is not where He is leading me right now. Maybe one day those paths will cross again, and if He leads me down that, I will follow. No matter what path crosses mine, no matter how many paths run parallel to mine, no matter how beautiful the path may look…the only path that I will walk is the one that Jesus guides me down. For He is forever my guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment